Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Look Back At Hollywood Moms As We Celebrate Mother's Day.

Two pretty cowgirls. Betty Grable with her daughter Victoria.

Eve Arden spends quality time with her daughter.

Hedy Lamarr with her son Anthony.

Lana Turner with her baby daughter Cheryl.

Maureen O'Sullivan and son enjoy a day in the pool. 

Virginia Bruce and her daughter Susan Gilbert smile for the cameras during one of their trips.

Ann Blyth and daughter Kathleen show off their pretty dresses.

Deborah Kerr holds daughter Francesca while big sister Melanie looks on. 

Rita Hayworth is all smiles with her daughter Rebecca Welles.

Debbie Reynolds and Eddie during happier times with Carrie and baby brother Todd Fisher.

Gloria Swanson takes aim with her daughter Gloria. 

Jayne Mansfield is a glow as she poses with daughter Mariska Hargitay and son Tony Cimber.

Elizabeth Taylor holds her son Michael Howard Wilding.

Jeanne Crain with son Paul on the set.

Wishing our wonderful mothers everywhere a joyous Mother's Day. Dedicated to my own beautiful mother Mearlene. 
Page

11 comments:

  1. I'm a huge Law and Order fan and have never seen a picture of Mariska Hargitay as a baby, she had such a resemblance to her mother in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the expression on the face of Eve Arden's daughter as she looks at the pictures in "Peter Rabbit."

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Mother's day post and tribute Page. Loved it! Happy Mother's Day to all mothers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what I plan to do today with the little ones in my fam.. Happy Mother's Day, Ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sE Mariska BLONDE WOULD BE EVEN MORE like her mother. REMEMBER YOUR EYES AND SMILE A LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures, as always. Happy Mothers Day to all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad Gloria Swanson was teaching her daughter important survival skills! And, I hope Ann Blyth's daughter's middle name was not Veda....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that pic of Gloria Swanson and her daughter. It's somehow so cute, weapons and all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful selection of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also loved Gloria Swanson and her daughter! It's very unexpected to see such a thing in Mothers' Day. I think I'll give a weapon to my mom :)
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been doing research on Garbo -- she was so sad to never have had a child (although she wouldn't admit this to anyone). These pictures remind me of what Garbo must have seen - her contemporaries having children and her still being afraid to.

    ReplyDelete